Kick-Off Your Summer Marketing Right!
Memorial Day is right around the corner which means warmer weather, graduations, grilling burgers, and of course retail sales promotion. Are your special offers set? Events planned? Have you scheduled your email and social media marketing yet?
Don’t fret - there’s still plenty of time! We’re sharing 8 Unique Marketing Ideas that will help you attract more customers, increase sales, and have a fun Memorial Day Weekend.
1. Military Salute – Give a special discount to retired and active military members and their families as a thank you for their gracious service for our country.
2. Stars, Stripes, & Social Media – Use social media to showcase patriotic customers & employees, promote red, white & blue products, and more. Sap some pictures and get creative!
3. Grateful Giveaway – Show your customers how much you appreciate them with a special giveaway! Have customers enter to win in store and on social media.
4. Let’s Have a Picnic – Team up with neighboring local businesses & community organizations to host a Memorial Day picnic while customers shop.
5. Sunny Sidewalk Sale – Get outside and enjoy the warm sunny weather with a sidewalk sale! Increase foot-traffic by getting neighboring businesses to join you.
6. Summer Essential Sets – Kickoff the season by bundling summer themed products together in irresistible sets. Offer a discount when the products are purchased together.
7. Community Days – Celebrate the holiday by participating in community activities, concerts, movies, programs and events. Offer a discount when the products are purchased together.
8. Always Remember – Don’t forget the reason for the holiday. Fly a flag, thank service members, and always honor the brave men and women who have died for our country.
Mark Your Calendar – Chamber Programs
Business after Hours Mixer, May 13, hosted by Gila Monster Restaurant
Lunch ‘N Learn Free Seminar – Doing business with the Town, May 21 – 12 Noon –Chamber Board Room
Chamber University – June 12th – Lunch ‘n Learn – Instagram and digital media – Chamber Board Room
Quarterly Membership Luncheon – June 20 at Los Caballeros Golf Club Grill at 12 Noon, $20 advance reservations, $25 at the door. Sponsored by Adelante Healthcare. Speakers include: R.J. Cardin, Director of Maricopa County Parks & Recreation, Topic: Vulture Mountain Regional Park. Call 928-684-5479
Chamber 101 – June 26 – 12 Noon – Bring your lunch and we’ll provide drinks.
Business over Breakfast, July 17 sponsored by UMB Bank. 8-8:55 a.m. RSVP 684-5479
Biz 2 Biz Expo – Sponsored by West Valley Chamber Alliance, Aug. 22nd – Glendale
Good Things Happening Around Town
A positive business buzz is happening with private investment being made by existing and new businesses. Creations in Thread continue to add unique retail items to the store, as well as a variety of clothing, and apparel for printing and embroidery. Wickenburg Computers and Shipping has extended their hours and days of service. Open 8:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday and 9:00 a.m. – 2p.m. on Saturday. Call our three area golf courses to learn about summer specials, along with good places to eat after golf: Los Caballeros Golf Club, Wickenburg Golf Club, Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club. Watch for information from the Town of Wickenburg on their summer recreation programs. A full schedule will be distributed in the next few days, available online and Face Book.
On May 4, 10 a.m. to noon the Desert Caballeros Western Museum once again will host the Congressional Art Competition for Arizona’s 4th District. Student artists from Yuma to Kingman submit their art for judging and travel to Wickenburg on the last day of the exhibition for an awards ceremony and reception honoring the artists. The winning students will receive scholarships to Arizona colleges, and the top artwork will be displayed in Washington DC for one year. May 12, noon to 4 p.m. – Mother’s Day / 50th Anniversary Commemoration. This is the last day to see the 2019 “Cowgirl Up!” exhibition and sale. Admission will be free for moms and everyone will receive a cookie to commemorate the 50th anniversary of DCWM opening its doors in 1969 (while supplies last).
Mother’s Day and Graduation – Shop Local
Our local businesses are ready to assist you with choosing a special gift for Mother and the Grad! You’ll find custom Jewelry, cards, leather goods, clothing, gift certificates, automobiles, floral, dorm room items and much more www.wickenburgchamber.com will provide you with direct information to member businesses and their website.