Wickenburg Fire Department responded to a fire at a residence on the 100 block of Howard Court late Monday night.

WFD Fire Chief Ed Temerowski told The Sun two engines arrived on the scene at 10:38 p.m. The fire started near the chimney, but as of Tuesday morning it could not be determined whether the fire started because the chimney was in use or if nearby wiring was the reason. The fire was contained to the attic of the residence.

When WFD arrived, the two occupants of the house were outside. No injuries were reported. The occupants were displaced and stayed at a hotel.

WFD cleared the scene between 12:30 and 1 a.m. Tuesday. Investigators were still at work Tuesday morning.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.